8 Way Rock Light Power Distribution to LED Base Cable
Brand Name: Crushin Off Road
Model Number: 16RL-8D
Warranty: 365 days
Type: Rock Light LED Extension Cable
Length: 1 Feet, 8 Ports
Function: LED Power
Material: Stranded Copper
Usage: LED Light system component
LED Chip: n/a
Series: HD/Punisher Series
f you are needing different lengths of extension cables than what are listed in the kit, email us after you place your order at email@example.com or make sure to note the lengths you request in the notes section of your order.
Why Buy Our Crushin Off Road Rock Light Kit?
Our kits are designed and engineered right here in America. We spent countless hours interviewing and surveying the specialists in the industry about what they like and what they don’t like about the existing kits in the industry. Here is what we learned and what we decided:
- We wanted to produce a quality product. Period. If our name is going to be on it, we are going to stand behind it and people are going to love it.
- We wanted it to be the easiest to install kit on the market. There are a lot of kits out there that make that claim and I’m sure that is a relative term. We spend a lot of time refining our products to make them better and easier to install. We LOVE feedback. If you notice something that would make it better or easier to install, TELL US! That’s how we make a better product! We want to work WITH you, not just sell you something!
- We wanted to have a product that is truly an IP68 rated system. We want it to be able to stand to be water resistant in fresh water to a maximum depth of 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes, and are protected from dust – all without the need for extra cases or covers.
- We wanted have the brightest possible lights available and the purest white color available.
- We wanted to have a system that was scalable. If you can only afford a 4 piece kit right now, but want to add 2 more later, then go to 8, then 16, it can easily be done with our system!
- We wanted to have the least amount of wiring and “mess” in the engine compartment as possible. Every other system we looked at was very clunky and messy under the hood. Our system only requires the battery power cable and relay under the hood. Everything else mounts securely under the chassis!
- We wanted to produce this product at a cost effective price, however we know it was a premium product. Those who are serious about buying a real rock light kit, welcome to the Crushin Off Road brotherhood.
Each LED Rock Light
Single LED Light Pod Only, 8″ Pigtail Lead with Deutsch DTM06-2S-CE02 connector with rear boot seal and double wall heat shrink
Looking for a killer LED light for outfitting your truck, Jeep or any other off-road vehicle? Well look no farther my friend! This is a high quality light constructed of a heavy aluminum body and ultra-bright, pure white LED. Rest assured that this system has been carefully designed for toughest of conditions and an easy installation.
The wiring system was designed and installed here in the USA! We don’t just make these products, we also use them! This light will not disappoint!
Have questions about our LED Rock Lights systems? Shoot us an email. We’re here to help! firstname.lastname@example.org
Each system or kit requires:
- 16RL-PHxx-xx Battery Power Harness Kit
- Kit includes 40a relay, fuse & switch.
- Battery Cable
- LED Light Power Supply Cables
- 16RL-xPD Power Distribution Cable
- The power distribution cable connects to the 16RL-PHxx-xx battery power harness
- Each extension cable coming from each rock light will be plugged into the distribution cable.
- Know where you want to mount this cable is important. Once you know where you are planning to mount the distribution cable, you can then get an estimate on what extension cables you will need for each light.
- 16RL-9100W Rock Light
- This is the best part of the system! The LED Light itself.
- 3100 lumens with an IP68 degree of protection
- Heavy glass cover over lights
- Sturdy & heavy aluminum shell for mounting.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Ingress Protection?
Ingress protection ratings or IP ratings, refer to the level of protection offered by an
What does IP68 Mean?
IP Stands for Ingress Protection
The first digit indicates the level of protection the enclosure provides against access to hazardous parts (e.g., electrical conductors, moving parts) and the ingress of solid foreign objects
– In this case IP68 – the 6 states that the product is Dust Tight. No ingress of dust; complete protection against contact (dust-tight). A vacuum must be applied. Test duration of up to 8 hours based on airflow.
The second digit indicates the level of protection that the enclosure provides against harmful ingress of water.
The ratings for water ingress are not cumulative beyond IPX6. A device compliant with IPX7 (covering water immersion) is not necessarily compliant with IPX5 or IPX6 (covering exposure to water jets). A device that meets both tests is indicated by listing both tests separated by a slash,
- In this case, IP68 – the 8 states that the product is capable of Immersion, 1 meter (3 ft 3 in) or more depth.
- The equipment is suitable for continuous immersion in water under conditions which the manufacturer shall specify. However, with certain types of equipment, it can mean that water can enter but only so that it produces no harmful effects. The test depth and duration are expected to be greater than the requirements for IPx7, and other environmental effects may be added, such as temperature cycling before immersion.
- Test duration: agreement with the manufacturer. Depth specified by the manufacturer, generally up to 3 meters (9.8 ft)
- In this case, IP68 – the 8 states that the product is capable of Immersion, 1 meter (3 ft 3 in) or more depth.
What rating do you all shoot for?
All of our lights and systems are designed intentionally to be IP68. We know our customers are more than capable of tearing up an anvil with a rubber mallet, and we couldn’t be more proud! We want to build our products especially for you!
Can I get any LED Rock Light system in White or Red/Green/Blue/White (RGBW)?
Short answer, yes & no. Most of our lights are available as either or. However, if you are looking for the pure white, no shadow & ultra-bright, then we recommend our 3100 Series and 9100 series.
Typically, when a pod is R/G/B/W, you can isolate the white but it usually is not as pure and as bright as you would get with a ultra white/pure white led pod.
Do all kits come with a Bluetooth controller or a remote?
No. We offer our LED Rock Light kits in a wide variety of applications. Typically our 4WD Truck customers like to have a simple kit with a toggle switch in the cab. Those customers, (based on our research) don’t feel a need or want to mess with busting out their phone and firing up an app. These type of customers want to flip a switch and go. Now that being said, we can indeed offer a kit that will work with Bluetooth controller. 16RL-K49100-C, 16RL-K69100-C, 16RL-K89100-C16RL-K109100-C, 16RL-K129100-C, 16RL-K169100-C, 16RL-K249100-C.
Are all Rock Lights created equal?
No sir, no they are not. The biggest thing most people look for is the Lumen rating. Lumens measure how much light you are getting from a bulb. More lumens means it’s a brighter light; fewer lumens means it’s a dimmer light.
Lumens are to light what
- Pounds are to sugar
- Gallons are to water (or beer)
Lumens let you buy the amount of light you want. So when buying LED lights bulbs, think lumens, not watts when replacing a traditional light bulb. When purchasing 12v LED lighting vs. replacing a bulb, the Rock Light LED for example doesn’t have a comparable product like changing light bulbs.
When buying light bulbs, there is a pretty easy benchmark. For example, To replace a 100 watt (W) incandescent bulb, look for a bulb that gives you about 1600 lumens.
The next most important things we encourage you to look at are:
- IP Rating (generally IP67 or IP68 or better)
- Lifespan (Between 30,000 & 50,000 hours)
When comparing units, look at Lumens, IP Rating & Lifespan. After that you should be able to help narrow down your decisions. Price is generally a direct reflection of quality & lumen. Cheaper the kit, usually lower specs and lumens. More expensive the kit, brighter and longer lasting! As my grandpa used to say: “Ya get what ya pay for.”
What is the difference in the Rock Lights(Kits)?
We offer our lights identified by a “GOOD”, “BETTER” & “BEST” rating. All of our lights and kits have been researched, installed locally, tested and evaluated. We don’t bring any lights or kits to market that we have not tested and tried by our own staff. If we don’t like them, back to the drawing board.. As it stands right now, below is our rating:
16RL-1710RBGW & 16RL-K81710RBGW (Kit) – Available in 4, 6, 8, 12, 16 & 24 Piece Kit. This is our only kit right now that offers R/G/B/W, otherwise known as Red, Green, Blue & White lights in the same pod. There are 45 led pods per Rock Light with a Lumen rating of 1710. These lights & kits are IP68 with a waterproof rating. This system is operated by Bluetooth controller rather than a simple in-cab switch. The Bluetooth controlled app (on IPhone & Samsung/Google Play), you will have the ability to change colors, make the lights dance to music, color match from what your camera pics up. Another difference in the quality but cost effective kit: The Rock Light pigtail 177″ (in) long. Doesn’t seem like a big deal, however if you want to move your lights or swap them out, you have to replace the entire cable up to the distribution.
16RL-3100W & 16RL-K83100W (Kit) – Available in 4, 6, 8, 12, 16 & 24 Piece Kit. This LED Rock Light Kit/LED is known as our workhorse. This LED Rock Light is known as our “HD Series”. It is an extremely solid, Pure White pod. This Rock Light contains 36 LED’s and is a white only. The lumen rating is an extremely bright 3100 lumens with a lifespan expectation of 50,000 hours. These light kits are Proudly Made in America with a proprietary harnessing structure. You will never run out of power and allow the lights to maintain maximum brightness. Our custom harnesses are durable, guaranteed and waterproof. Our kits complete with your choice of in-cab switch for easy on-off. Each light has an 8″ pigtail. Once the lights are mounted you can easily run extension harnesses to each light. This also allows for variety of lengths of each cable. No need to have all the extra cabling to cause an issue! THE EASIEST TO INSTALL AND MOST DURABLE HARNESSING on the LED Rock Light market.
16RL-9100W & 16RL-K89100W (Kit) – Available in 4, 6, 8, 12, 16 & 24 Piece Kit. This is the newest member of the Crushin Off Road family. This LED Rock Light is certifiably: BAD ASS. A rockin’ 9100 lumens! By far the brightest Rock Lights available. This light is what we all “The Punisher Series”. This light comes equipped with 104 LED chips. 8 of those are on either side of the pod allowing for a greater flooding effect of the light. We have noticed a 12 piece kit of The Punisher Series being better coverage and brighter than the HD Series installed with 16 light pods. This kit can be ordered with a Bluetooth controller kit, or the traditional HD Series harnessing. We recommend the HD Series harnessing with all of our light kits. They are over-engineered for the ultimate Rock Light experience and of course, Made in the USA! Each light has an 8″ pigtail. Once the lights are mounted you can easily run extension harnesses to each light. This also allows for variety of lengths of each cable. No need to have all the extra cabling to cause an issue! THE EASIEST TO INSTALL AND MOST DURABLE HARNESSING on the LED Rock Light market.