ZINC ALLOY-METAL CONNECTOR BODY, 208480-1, AMP CPC, 20 CIRCUIT, 20 SIGNAL TERMINALS, 2 POWER TERMINALS, SERIES 4, SHELL SIZE 23, LOCK RING, SOCKETS, STANDARD SEX | 3CP-C2228S-LRM
Metal Plated Connector Body, Zinc Alloy, 22 Position. Compatible mating connector: 208481-1 3CP-C2223P-THM
Mating Connector Parts:
- Backshell: Size 23 SKU# 3CP-BS28M OEM# 208945-8
- Sealing Cap: Size 23 SKU# 3CP-CAP28M OEM# 211904-1
- Flange Gasket: n/a
- Terminal: Signal Sockets SKU# 3CP-S1618BD OEM# 1-66101-3
- Terminal 2-Power: Power Sockets SKU# 3CP-SPWR OEM# 66740-2
Standard Circular Connector PLUG STANDARD 28-22M
|Connectors||Standard Circular Connector|
|Contact Gender||Without Socket Contacts|
|Flammability Rating||UL 94 V-0|
|Lead Free Solder Processes||Not relevant for lead free process|
|Mounting Style||Free Hanging|
|Number of Positions||22 Position|
|Product Type||Standard Circular Connector|
|Shell Material||Zinc Alloy|
When purchasing AMP CPC Connectors (AMP Circular Plastic Connectors) there are a couple things to keep in mind.
- There are 3 things needed to complete the standard connector kit
- Connector Body – see connector bodies
- Contact/Terminal – see contact/terminals
- Backshell/Strain Relief – see accessories
- We have several pre-assembled kits to choose from to make ordering easier. see pre-assembled AMP CPC Kits
- Choosing the correct wire gauge and being mindful of wire insulation is imperative when ordering the correct terminals. If you need support, don’t be afraid to reach out. That’s what we’re here for, we’re here to help, that’s what we do! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Having trouble finding or identifying the correct connector body? Shoot us a picture. Text us a picture to 270-978-3198 or email us at email@example.com. We’ll follow up and help you choose.
- Using the right tooling can make all the difference! Did you know CrushinAG offers tooling for everything we sell? So, what do you need for AMP CPC Connectors?
- Signal Pins & Socket Crimper Tool MULTIMATE CONTACTS; 58495-2 DIE; PRO-CRIMPER
- Signal Pins & Sockets Extraction Tool AMP 305183 EXTRACTION TOOL, AMP TYPE XII CONTACTS
- Power Pins & Sockets Crimper Tool YELLOW, 474FL, RATCHETING CRIMP TOOL
- Power Pins & Sockets Extraction-Removal Tool AMP 91124-1 PWR CONTACT EXTRACTION TOOL
Important information to know about wiring, connectors and AMP CPC
- Series 1—Size 16 Contacts
- Series 1 connectors permit the use of multiple combinations of signal and coaxial circuits in the same housing by accepting durable Multimate contacts. These pin and socket contacts include Type III+ and subminiature coaxial contacts, Interchangeable in the same Multimate contact cavity.
- Type III+ contacts (.062 [1.57] pin diameter) are capable of carrying a maximum of 13 amperes when crimped in wire.
- Type III solder contacts and posted contacts for pc board applications are also available. Many connector arrangements offer both standard and reverse sex contact loading, from 4
thru 37 positions.
- Series 3—Power Contacts
- Series 3 connectors accept Type XII power contacts which can carry up to 25 amps per contact. These contacts will accommodate a wire size range of 16 to 10 AWG [1.4 to 5 mm2]. Two connector sizes are available in both standard and reverse sex connector arrangements 3 and 7 positions.
- Series 4—Combination
- Series 4 connectors accept Size 16 Multimate and Type XII power contacts, combining the signal and coaxial circuit capabilities of Series 1 connectors with the power circuit capabilities of Series 3 connectors. Available in two connector sizes offering power mixing combinations totaling 16 and 22 positions.
- Connector Size—
- In general, with more circuits in a connector, less current per contact can be carried.
- Wire Size—
- Larger wire will carry more current since it has less internal resistance to current flow and generates less heat. The wire also conducts heat away from the connector.
- Current Load Distribution—
- Spreading those lines with greater current loads throughout the connector, particularly around the outer perimeter, will enhance heat dissipation.
- Ambient Temperature—
- With higher ambient temperatures, less current can be carried.
Current Rating Verification
Can a contact rated at 10 amps carry 10 amps?
Maybe yes, but probably not. The reason lies in the test conditions used to rate the contact. If these conditions do not adequately reflect the application conditions, the actual allowable current levels may be lower than specified levels. For example, many manufacturers, including Tyco Electronics, test a single contact in air. This gives an accurate measure of the basic current-carrying capacity of the contact. Use the contact alone in air and it can certainly carry 10 ampere. Use it in a multi-position connector surrounded by other current carrying contacts or in high ambient temperatures, and the contact should carry less current. Similarly, as the contact ages and stress relaxation, environmental cycling, and other degradation factors take their toll, the contact’s current carrying capacity decreases. A prudent design must set current levels for such end-of design-life (EODL) conditions. Practical current-carrying capacity is not an absolute, but an application-dependent condition.