Permatex® Dielectric Tune-Up Grease, .33oz Tube, CHEM-PA81150
Permatex® Dielectric Tune-Up Grease – Protects electrical connections and wiring from salt, dirt and corrosion. Extends the life of bulb sockets. Prevents voltage leakage around any electrical connection. Also prevents spark plugs from fusing to boots. Required for modern high energy ignition systems.
Permatex® Dielectric Tune-Up Grease is a silicone dielectric compound whose dielectric and lubricitous properties facilitate and improve tune-ups. The compound prevents voltage leakage around any electrical connector thereby insuring a strong spark in high energy automotive ignition systems. The compound is an excellent lubricant on rubber, plastic and ceramic surfaces and it also has good high temperature properties, thus preventing fusing of spark plug boots to the spark plug. It will make installation of the boots easier.
- Improves connections
- Prevents corrosion
- Prevents fusing of spark plug boots
- High temperature properties
- Excellent rubber lubricant
- Spark plug boots
- Distributor cap nipples
- Battery terminals
- Ignition coil connectors
- Headlamp connectors
- Trailer electrical connectors
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- For spark plug boots
- Make sure ignition system is off.
- Remove heavy grease, dirt or oil with a clean rag.
- Coat inside of spark plug boot with a thin layer of grease.
- Coat ceramic part of plug.
- Snap boot onto plug. Make sure fit is tight.
For connectors and battery terminals
- Make sure the ignition system is off.
- Clean surfaces with appropriate cleaner such as Permatex® Brake and Parts Cleaner or Battery Cleaner.
- Coat both parts with grease.
Products shall be ideally stored in a cool, dry location in unopened containers at a temperature between 8° and 28°C (46° and 82°F) unless otherwise labeled. Optimal storage is at the lower half of this temperature range. To prevent contamination of unused product, do not return any material to its original container.
PROPERTIES OF UNCURED MATERIAL
- Chemical Type Silicone dielectric compound
- Appearance Slightly translucent white
- Specific Gravity @ 77ºF 1.03
- Flash Point, TCC, ºF >260 (>500)
- Temperature Range -65 to 400 ( -54 to 204)
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials. For safe handling information on this product, consult the Material Safety Data Sheet, (MSDS).