Precision Meter – JD7000 / KZ 2000 | 343022
- Fits the following John Deere Planters: 7000, 7100
- Fits the following Kinze Planters: 2000, 2100, 2300, 2600, 2700
- Finger pick-up style Meter
- Complete Precision Meter kit includes: SkipStop, PopMax and the Precision Finger Set plus, plus specially designed belts, cams, covers, bearings, housings and drive wheels.
- All designed and tested to work together for maximum precision.
- Each Precision Meter will be factory tested to plant medium round seeds.
Precision Finger Set – The shape and design of the finger determines how well it can singulate and hold a single seed – round or flat. The Precision Finger Set’s unique finger shape locks both flat and round seeds under the flag for secure delivery to the seed belt.
Population Max Backing Plate – The special Kevlar® impregnated poly backing plate presents a flatter more consistent platform for the Precision Finger Set. Its exclusive metal wear strip delivers far longer life than metal plates. Interchangeable inserts let you make adjustments for varying seed sizes and shapes.
Adjustable Brush – For the first time, with just a set screw, you can change the aggressiveness of your meter. Set the brush toward the outside of the finger for large seeds so they don’t dislodge. Set the brush further inside the finger for small seeds so it can aggressively remove doubles.
SkipStop – With its patented cushioning system, the SkipStop cover eliminates seed ricochets, which produce skips that you see in other finger pick-up meters. When seeds hit the cushion, they drop directly onto the seed belt for delivery to the seed tube.
SureFire Seed Belt – A seed released down the center of the tube can catch up with one bouncing around because it was released off to the side. That leaves two seeds in one spot and none in the next, a virtual skip/ double. The new SureFireTM cupped seed belt releases down the center every time for sure spacing and more ears.
When everything works together, every seed ends up where it belongs, producing picket fence stands, and maximum yields.