TurboDrop® Asymmetric Ceramic Dual Fan Nozzle, 50° rearward spray, 10° forward , TACDF01-D, GreenLeaf Technologies, Orange-Black
Designed to improve coverage on vertical and angular targets with contact chemicals.
Medium-Coarse droplets below 80 psi, Medium-Fine droplets above 80 psi.
- DROPLET SIZE: M-F
- GPM RANGE: .09-.17
- SPEED RANGE: 5-20 mph
- Pressure Range: 20-120 psi (30-150 psi, ceramic)
- Recommended Boom Height XL: 18-36”
- DF: 15-25” (with 20” nozzle spacing)
- Materials of Construction: Polyacetal venturi body with alumina ceramic metering orifice, poly twin cap and poly tips. Utilizes ceramic pre-orifice for extended wear life.
- Color: Orange/Black
TDXL and TDCXL Description, Facts and Technical Properties
- The most proven multi-purpose Venturi air injection nozzle
- Maximum drift control/penetration
- Works at higher & wider pressure range
- Great for self-propelled sprayers
- Excellent for glyphosate application
- Medium droplets for contact chemicals
- Difficult to plug — Easy to clean
- 110° Flat Fan Multi-purpose medium pressure air induction nozzle
- 20 – 120 psi Overall pressure range
- 30 – 90 psi Optimal pressure range
- Estimated life (60′ boom, 20″ centers)
- 20,000 – 30,000 acres TDXL
- 50,000 – 80,000 acres TDCXL
- Polyacetal Venturi body and SprayMax TipCap nozzle with EPDM seat gasket.
- TDCXL has ceramic metering orifice in Venturi body.
TurboDrop® XL and TurboDrop® DualFan Ultra Coarse Nozzles
The TurboDrop® Venturi (TDXLV/TDVC) is the heart of both the TurboDrop® and TurboDrop® DualFan nozzle. The Venturi (or injector) meters the flow and injects air into the spray fluid. The TurboDrop® Venturi is ISO color coded for flow rate. The pattern tip or combination of tips is double the flow rate of the Venturi. For example, a blue 03 Venturi requires an 06 pattern tip, or a pair of tips that add up to 06. The 03 TurboDrop® DualFan uses a 11002 plus an 8004 combination of pattern tips. The TurboDrop® Venturi nozzle utilizes a patented stabilization chamber and pulsation dampener which results in even mixing of air with the spray liquid, and a tighter, more uniform droplet spectrum for a unique combination of drift control and coverage.
The TurboDrop® XL nozzle is unique among air injection nozzles in that it was designed for contact chemicals, not just glyphosate (a systemic herbicide). In fact, the TurboDrop® XL, the TurboDrop® DualFan and the AirMix® were the first air injection nozzles recommended by Bayer CropScience for use with Liberty™ herbicide. The single fan XL can be used in most ag spray applications by choosing the appropriate combination of carrier rate and droplet size. The TurboDrop® DualFan may improve coverage with certain canopy types, or even help target smaller, just emerging weeds. To maximize coverage, TADF nozzles may be alternated on the boom to provide four angles of spray orientation into the canopy, effectively spraying the target four times in one pass.
One size will often fit a variety of applications. For example, the 04 TurboDrop® DualFan will deliver glyphosate at 10 gpa at 11-15 mph between 35 and 65 psi. For 15 gpa fungicides, or other contact pesticides, this same nozzle could be operated at 11-13 mph at roughly 80-110 psi. Sprayer speed may be reduced a couple of miles per hour (9-10 mph) to deliver 20 gpa at 90-110 psi.
The TurboDrop® XL Venturi can also be used with other spray tips. Simply double the size of extended range, twin fan, and flood or off center nozzles. For example, the 03 Venturi uses 11006 spray tip. Remember – the Venturi controls the flow rate, and the tip creates the pattern.
Spray 4 Times in Only 1 Pass with TurboDrop® Asymmetric DualFan Nozzles
When set up with alternating forward and backward mounting on the boom, TurboDrop® Asymmetric DualFan nozzles create four angles of spray directed at the target. The inside pattern tips angled 10° forward and back use smaller sizes to provide Medium droplets ensuring the best coverage and efficacy for contact chemicals. The outside pattern tips angled 50° forward and back are a larger size. They will produce coarser droplets, which blanket the smaller droplets, controlling drift. This combination provides the best balance of both coverage and drift control.