TurboDrop® Asymmetric Dual Fan Nozzle-D Version, TADF06-D, GreenLeaf Technologies, Grey-Black
- DROPLET SIZE: UC-XC
- GPM RANGE: .52-.104
- SPEED RANGE: 5-20 mph
- Pressure Range: 30-120 psi (30-150 psi, ceramic)
- Recommended Boom Height XL: 18-36”
- DF: 15-25” (with 20” nozzle spacing)
- Materials of Construction: Polyacetal, EPDM, ceramic (TDCXL-D/TACDF-D)
- Color: Grey/Black
TDXL and TDCXL Description, Facts and Technical Properties
- 110° Flat Fan Multi-purpose medium pressure air induction nozzle
- 20 – 120 psi Overall pressure range
- 30 – 90 psi Optimal pressure range
- Estimated life (60′ boom, 20″ centers)
- 20,000 – 30,000 acres TDXL
- 50,000 – 80,000 acres TDCXL
- Polyacetal Venturi body and SprayMax TipCap nozzle with EPDM seat gasket.
- TDCXL has ceramic metering orifice in Venturi body.
TurboDrop® XL-D and TurboDrop® DualFan-D Ultra Coarse Nozzles
The D versions of the TurboDrop® nozzles were designed with dicamba, 2,4-D and glyphosate in mind, where a coarser spray droplet is desirable.
Between 30 and 90 psi, these nozzles deliver Ultra Coarse (UC), Extremely Coarse (XC), and Very Coarse (VC) droplets for maximum drift control. It is
important to remember that as sprays become coarser, coverage may be compromised. The D version of the TurboDrop® DualFan has the ability to
cover the target from two to four angles of attack, helping to counter the potential loss of coverage and further enhance chemical performance.
Approved nozzles, pressures, and application rates change often for auxin herbicides. For updates on Greenleaf Technologies approved nozzles visit our
website. All approved nozzles are listed on the herbicide manufacturer’s label. Be sure to read the application guidelines and know the laws in your state
before spraying. Other sizes are also available.
The TurboDrop® XL Venturi can also be used with other spray tips. Simply double the size of extended range, twin fan, and flood or off center nozzles. For example, the 03 Venturi uses 11006 spray tip. Remember – the Venturi controls the flow rate, and the tip creates the pattern.
The D versions utilize larger pattern tips (without affecting the flow rate of the nozzle) to create bigger droplets. Due to the modular design, it is easy and inexpensive to convert from the standard TurboDrop® to the D version and vice versa, or even to convert from a standard TADF to TDXL-D. The graphic to the right illustrates how one single TurboDrop® Venturi has the option of four different pattern tip set-ups, both single fan and DualFan. The modular design allows the user to switch back and forth from any of the possible configurations.